Pages

Tuesday 8 May 2012

DD202, 2nd essay over

Hi all, not much to write about in this entry. Just to say that the 2nd essay of the current module has been done and submitted. It took me out of what people call the "comfort zone", due to the amount of diagrams needed (7) drawing. I am more used to taking a concept and theory, then addressing the questions or statements expressed. This essay had elements of that, in that I had tables and newspaper articles to read, then comment on. These had to be commented on, in terms of economics models, rather than in social science theories. The essay then, was mainly an exercise in interpreting the information and data through diagrams. One aspect became clear as I worked, and that was that I could use identical supply and demand diagrams to show opposing, or differing viewpoints. This is the kind of thing one can see on the news, where it seems everyone is talking without actually saying anything. Smoke and mirrors capers.

So, I have had a look towards the next block of my studies, entitled: What makes an economy successful? Work, well-being and the State, in which part of the studies includes looking at honourable business practices, health and health care -markets, ethics and equality. Well, you will be aware of my politics by now, and can also be certain that I will be getting my teeth into this next block of studies. My last assignment relating to statehood got me a 93% mark, so I hope to acquit myself as well this time around, since I have, in all honesty, struggled a bit with the last two blocks.

Anyway, I hope to be making a significant entry here prior to the next essay being written and submitted, then again afterwards. There is nothing more to add at this point, so I will crack on with the next block of study, and be back before this month is out.


No comments:

Post a Comment