Pages

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Week 2, take 2 (first posted on OU 18/2/11)

I am almost at the end of the 2nd week (proper) of studies, having reset the clock last week. If last week taught me about reflection, this week has found me trying to learn how to relax and not worry about it so much. I have realised that last week's studies were as much about finding a routine, method and managing time as the were about the subject.
This week's activities have stretched me more, and at times when, taking notes, then carrying out written exercises, I have found myself doubting my work. Then, after reading on following the work carried out, I have found that I have actually been on or very close to what is being asked of me.
So, looking back over the first two weeks of my studies, I have learned not just about making and repairing society, or about Material, Connecte or Ordered Lives. I have been learning how to study, how to work, and how to prepare for the long haul of attaining a qualification. The next week, through planning, revision of my notes and expressing myself will teach me how to write for an effective assesment.
More on that will follow in the next 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment