Pages

Friday 18 March 2011

1st essay (TMA02)

Well, the first essay has been marked and returned. The mark was 64, which is a bit of a middling mark in my opinion. The comments I got were encouraging, considering the mark awarded. I knew after submitting it that there was an example I gave which could have been better. So did my tutor. Nonetheless, she was still positive in her critique.
I felt from her comments that I had missed the main point of the question, and suggested to her that her mark was "generous". Yes, I know, gift horse, etc, but I want to pass well, so if the essays are not great, I need to know. It could be argued that, as long as I do the finals really well, then that is fine. I'm not buying that.

I want to know that when I am awarded my qualification, that it has been for consistently good pieces of work, not just because I peaked every 6 months. So, with this in mind, I am about to begin preparing for TMA 02. It's due for submission on the 29th of March.
I've had a "clear pass", now I want a "good pass".

No comments:

Post a Comment